Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring to the office when setting up new service?

To open a new service with Cumberland Valley Electric you need the following items:

  • 2 forms of identification one of which must be a photo ID, social security cards are a preferred form of identification
  • 5 digit meter number (if service already exists)
  • Nearest neighbor (for those with new construction)
  • Deposit (deposit is calculated asĀ 2/12 of the average annual bill at each location) You may call ahead with the meter number to find out the deposit for your location.
  • Membership fee of $25.00 (unless you are already a member with an account in good standing)

Back To FAQ Home

If you cannot find your question on this list, click here to ask it directly.